Michael Leone on Sat, 18 May 2002 11:23:13 -0400

Re: [PLUG] print to file in windows?

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 21:56, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> can't help but use windows for this task - since ErWin isn't available
> for linux.
> i don't think ghostscript/view is going to show up as a printer option,
> will it?

Didn't we have this discussion about printing to PDFs under Windows
before? I use Ghostscript with it's REDMON (Redirection Monitor), and
the FreePDF program. And I can make PDFs on Win2K from Word, by printing
to a PS printer I defined. The REDMON redirects the print output into
Ghostscript , and out came a readable PDF.

In the PRINTERS list, you don't see Ghostscript; you see the phantom PS
printer you install (I chose an Apple LaserWriter). The define the port
it prints to to be the REDMON port.

It's all in the FreePDF documentation, and might be documented at the GS
site, too.