gabriel rosenkoetter on Sun, 19 May 2002 10:50:10 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Fw: Revolution OS

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 11:58:07PM -0400, Paul wrote:
> (Just and opinion.  Feel free to attempt to change my mind.)  Why
> bother boycotting Amazon?  I would never use the one-click option
> anyway!  They can have the idea and the code behind it.  As long as I
> get good prices on books that are shipped quickly, I don't care.

Um. Well, I disagree, but not enough to try to change your mind, I
guess.

The point is not that they have this specific idea, but that it's an
example of a *really* scary trend: that the US patent office is
granting patents for indescribably obvious ideas, especially as
regards software, because they have insufficient (or insufficiently
trained) staff to see whether something is blatantly obvious or
actually moderately complicated.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net