gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 21 May 2002 01:30:11 +0200

Re: [PLUG] mutt help bar

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 07:05:43PM -0400, Samantha wrote:
> I want to edit the help bar in mutt (add some more options, get rid of
> some...) and I was wondering if the is some option/variable that will
> allow me to do so.

You mean the bar across the top in the mbox listing mode?

I'm not sure there's a way to change what functions are displayed,
though if you bind those functions to another key, the display will
list that instead. (It doesn't deal too well with multi-key
bindings, actually.)

I've had help unset in my .muttrc for quite a while, so I don't even
really remember what's listed there.

It's really just intended to help out complete newcomers... it's
sort of presumed that users will pick up on those functions
promptly.

If you're interested in setting this for perpetual newbie users on
your system, I'm sure this is just an sprintf() somewhere in mutt's
source; changing what's listed in it and recompiling would be trivial.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net