Charles Stack on Sat, 25 May 2002 02:40:13 +0200

RE: [PLUG] web apps (more general)

Of course, there's always Kylix 3 from Borland.  The latest version has
extensive capabilities built in for development of web services using SOAP.
Not sure if Kylix 3 has hit the market yet as it was just announced this
week at BorCon.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Paul
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 12:59 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] web apps (more general)

>I'm curious what thoughts/experience other folks have for writing
>non-trivial web apps, how to get results quickly, etc.

I don't know what you mean by "non-trivial" Web apps, but PHP has been
used to make some powerful Web apps.  As far as an editor, I don't know.
 I've been coding HTML and PHP mostly in a text editor.  Nice for remote
work, but not efficient as far as development time goes.

Which leads me to a question that I've been wanting to ask (which I know
has been asked before): What are some good OSS editors for making HTML
forms and/or coding in PHP4?