Jon Galt on Tue, 4 Jun 2002 12:48:26 -0400

RE: [PLUG] off topic, need DSL modem

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, kaze wrote:

> I have a FlowPoint 144 (model 134) you can use. It was Covad / Voicenet's,
> but they abandoned it and my DSL many months ago; I remember getting the
> password from a tech but don't see it now... (I let them manage it as they
> said they'd bill me $250/hour for any troubleshooting etc., and did NAT on a
> LinkSys.) So the password thing will be a problem... I was gonna sell it on
> eBay, then was gonna give it to a friend to use as a 4 port 10MB hub, then
> forgot about it.

Hey that's cool.  I just learned that thre are lots of types of DSL
modems, and Earthlink told me it is a DMT modem on an ATM circuit.  Not
sure what exactly that means.

Apparently you're saying you have a DSL modem with multiple ethernet
ports?  I'm only familiar with having two separate devices, the DSL modem
and a separate router/firewall.

Thanks,
Wayne

Need an experienced programmer who knows
both the Unix and Microsoft worlds?

Then you need to hire Wayne:
http://hirewayne.com

wayne@hirewayne.com