Jeff Weisberg on Tue, 4 Jun 2002 16:43:24 -0400

RE: [PLUG] off topic, need DSL modem

| Yeah, it is a DSL modem, firewall, NAT, and 4 port 10MB hub all in one form
| factor. Cons are the 10 MB hub (vs. 10/100 switch) and the DSL modem is a
| lowly 144Kbs. I think, as per the other posts, you can ignore the ATM part

not necessarily. you *might* be able to ignore the ATM part.
your "modem" has some parameters set inside to configure the "ATM stuff".
DSL providers often like to make things easy and often use standard or
the default settings in order to make things "plug and play".
but not DSL providers do.

| of your DSL's spec, but call your ISP and see if the FlowPoint 144 will work
| for them. You might be better off just buying the one they recommend from
[...]

the Flowpoint 144 is an IDSL device. Wayne pointed out his device uses
DMT[1]. DMT is one of several forms of ADSL.

they won't speak to each other.

	--jeff

[1] Discrete Multi Tone. comes in 2 flavors: g.dmt and g.lite