Mike Leone on Tue, 4 Jun 2002 23:43:33 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Build your own Linuc PC help needed!

On (06/04/02 22:36), Daniel G Roberts wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Can anyone please point me in  the direction of some inforregarding update
> hardware configurations for dual boot Linux/Win2K Desktops?
> It is about time for me to replace my 200 MHZ box with something under $1K
>
> Any suggestions on a motherboard which plays well with SUSE, Redhat and
> Microsoft 2000?
> Some of my basic requirements are
> 2 GHZ, 512 MB RAM expandable up to 1GB or higher and the rest of the standard
> stuff.
> Anyone know of any PCI compatible modems?  I only have an ISA modem!!

Use an external modem; make your life a lot simpler.

I use an Asus A7V266-E motherboard, with an Athalon 1.7G, and 512M RAM. I
dual boot Libranet (Debian-based distro), and Win2K. Used to use Mandrake
8.1, which is very RedHat-like.