Arthur S. Alexion on Sat, 8 Jun 2002 05:01:38 -0400

[PLUG] Partition help needed

Trying to install Red Hat 7.2 on system that has 2 physical drives, a 1 gb IDE partitioned as the existing windows boot drive, a 40 gb ATA/100 with 2 vfat partitions of 2.2 gb each. One partition shows up in Disk Druid as hde1, and the other as hde2 (extended) and hde5 (graphically appearing as a branch of hde2).

Workstation install.

Tried automatic partitioning which failed, dumping me into Disk Druid.

Using Disk Druid, I successfully set it up to add a 39 mb /boot partition (hde3), and a 15226 / partition (hde4).

Now, it won't let me add a /home or swap partion of any size.

I suspect the fact that the vfat partition is hde5 is the reason.

What can I do?

Is using just / & swap ok?

I have a copy of Partition Magic that works on ext2 partitions if that helps.
artAlexion