Arthur S. Alexion on Sat, 8 Jun 2002 05:37:19 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Partition help needed

I'm trying to install the whole thing on / & swap and hope for the best. My only fears are booting & upgrading (i.e. Losing /home in the process). Wish me luck.

Art

Sarod Yatawatta wrote:

Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 12:37:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Sarod Yatawatta <sby22@drexel.edu>
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Partition help needed
To: Philly Linux Users Group <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>

I think you have already created the 4 primary partitions. (hde1, hde2,
hde3 and hde4). So anything else should be created under the extended
partition hde2. Since this has a VFAT under it,(hde5) it may cause
trouble.
I think you can do 2 things:
1) using a / and a swap, do a minimal install. then boot up in linux,
create new partitions as you like and move the / to the place you want it
to be.
2) delete the extended VFAT (hde5) and try again ???

good luck.
sarod.