Bill Jonas on Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:10:22 +0200

Re: [PLUG] unix cp function call

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:20:25AM -0400, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> How do I get this to copy? What does the function prototype look like?
> Where's the include file?

I don't think that there's a library function call or syscall or
anything special to use.  Just open both files, read(2) from one, and
write(2) to the other (or whichever pair or reading/writing functions
you prefer -- you could even use getchar(3)/putchar(3) if you wanted,
but it's not recommended ;-) ).

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin