Noah silva on Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:50:20 +0200

Re: [PLUG] RMS and GNU/sink (was: systrace is cool)

I think RMS's argument is entirely invalid.

"tar' isn't all of userland.  and GNU tar wasn't very usefull intil it had
a real kernal to run on.  What's more, I could easily write TAR, CP, LS,
etc.  I wouldn't try to write anything liek the linux kernal.  We don't
have to use GNU ls, we could use BSD ls, or any other.  What's more
userland's upper levals are what is making linux more popular, and those
are things like KDE and apache, mozilla, etc.

 -- noah silva