Paul . L . Snyder on Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:11:21 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG makes Slashdot (sort of.)

On 18 June, 2002, "Nguon Hao Ching" <hao@netaxs.com> wrote:

>> it's neat there are multiple 'plug's and that they are all
>> over the world.  I seem to recall an Australian one
>
> Perth?  Just guessing.  :)
>
> -Hao

Googling for "plug linux users group":

The top two hits are for Phoenix

The next two are for Perth (right on, Hao!).

The next four are for Provençe, Purdue, and two for the
Philippines.

Next is the Polska Grupa Użytkowników Linuxa, followed by
KPLUG, the Kernel-Panel Linux Users Group.

Finally, two hits for Philadelphia.

Also starring: Portland, Pune (India), Portugese, Provo,
Piedmont (Winston-Salem, NC), Pretoria (South Africa),
Prato (Italy), Passaic County, Perú (el Grupo de Usarios
de Linux en Perú, but still called PLUG), Prairie LUG
(Winnipeg, Canada), Porvoo (Finland), Peterborough (UK),
Preston and Lancashire, Panhandle (North Idaho), Perak
(Malaysia), Penza (Russia), Pakistan, Patras (Greece),
Peoria Area, Penang (Malaysia), and Poznań (Poland).

That's all I could glean from the first hundred hits -
there may very well be more.  Some of the sites neglect
to mention little details (like what country, state,
province, etc. the group is located, and required a fair
bit of digging to dredge it up.

pls