Michael F. Robbins on Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:34:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Samba worked but......

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 14:40, Alex Shusterman wrote:
> when I put my password in for that account, it said that
> the password was incorrect.

Contrary to the suggestion of another PLUG member, I think you need to
turn encrypted passwords OFF.  But again, I'm not sure, so check it out
yourself.  You could temporarily try giving yourself a blank password.

> I have it set under globals for
> the file handling to make it not case sensitive but it is still asking for
> this and I think it has something to do with the fact that windows is
> capitalizing everything.

Take a look at your Samba logfiles: /var/log/samba/* and see if it is
leaving a more detailed error message there.

Michael F. Robbins
mike@gamerack.com