Jim Foster on Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:47:54 -0400

Re: [PLUG] RH v7.3 install on Compaq Prosigna 486

Okay, we'll try that on Monday. Thanks!

At 07:56 PM 6/21/2002 -0400, you wrote:
The error messages that I saw seem to indicate that Linux is not happy with the existing partitions. Can you blow away the NetWare volumes before, not during, the Linux install? "fdisk" tells me that it supports type 64 and 65 Novell Netware partitions, but it wouldn't hurt to have a clean drive to start with.

There are existing partitions. I think we used to run NetWare v3.1 on this system. Yes, they are SCSI drives.