Marc Zucchelli on Sat, 22 Jun 2002 18:31:04 +0200

[PLUG] java applets not working in konqueror and netscape

My browser don't seem to load java applets.  In
konqueror there is a setting in the "Configure
Konqueror" option under the settings menu where you
can turn java either on or off.  I have it turned on,
and whenever I go to a page with a java applet, it
just says "Applet Loading", and thats it, nothing
further.

Under netscape, whenever I go to a page with a java
applet it says that I need to install the java plugin,
so I just follow netscape automated process, and
eventually it says download/install was unsuccessful,
to manually install please download the file from
......  The problem is it's an .xpi file, I have no
clue what to do with this!!

I'm running KDE/Konqueror 2.2.1, and netscape 6.2.1.

Thank you.

Marc