Michael F. Robbins on Sat, 22 Jun 2002 19:00:38 +0200

Re: [PLUG] java applets not working in konqueror and netscape

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 12:11, Marc Zucchelli wrote:
> My browser don't seem to load java applets.

This is based on my experience getting java working with Konq and
Mozilla, which should be similar.  Grab and install Blackdown's JRE
(http://www.blackdown.org, DEBs available).  Then, create a symbolic
link in your Mozilla/Netscape plugins directory for the plugin as
distributed with the JRE:

# cd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
# ln -s /usr/lib/j2re1.3/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so .

Restart Mozilla/Netscape, and go to "about:plugins", and Java should be
listed.

I'm not exactly sure how Konqueror integrates with java: it has support
for Mozilla plugins, so it may use that, but I also thought that there
was a separate layer for Java integration.

Michael F. Robbins
mike@gamerack.com