John Lavin on Sat, 22 Jun 2002 21:17:52 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Compile error: undefined reference

Yeah - forgot to mention that.  I have a Yamaha OPL3-SA3 card and I
selected OSS Sound Modules, and Yamaha OPL2 and OPL3 pnp card support
 as in-kernel.

> did you do a 'make mrproper' before starting your new compile?
No - Trying that now with no other changes.

> did you do a 'make dep' before 'make' and 'make modules'?
Yes, did make dep.

> the symbol is defined in $YOURKERNELSRCDIR/linux/drivers/sound/mpu401.c,
> so if you know where you're bailing out of make, and you have done
> the 'make mrproper && make dep' and still get the problem you might be
> able to get away with just adding in
> $THATPREVIOUSDIRIJUSTMENTIONED/mpu401.o as an extra object to link into
> your module/kernel and having it work.
I'll try that too if doing mrproper doesn't work.

Thanks for the suggestions,
-john