Bradley Molnar on Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:17:44 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Printing to a Remote Printer running Windows XP

I belive that Redhat created a nice tool for this called printtool or
somthing like that.  It is an X-windows based program (I think), but, it
worked great on printing to a Win95 shared printer.  I don't have winXP to
try this out on though.  It is able to print to winNT/2K shared printers,
so, I don't know why it would be unable to print to WinXP (unless it was
specifically disabled.......).

Most likely though, it would be easier to share the printer from the linux
machine, as was suggested.  Samba (I think) can be set to load all local
printers for sharing automatically.  They are, of course, not shared to
everyone.  But, I have never done this before and can't help here.  Samba
docs should have some stuff about sharing printers.  Samba now has an html
version of Using Samba from O'reilly, and, goes over how to share printers.

-brad

---
Everybody loves to love you when you're far away -- Better than Ezra, At the
Stars