Michael F. Robbins on Sun, 23 Jun 2002 16:50:14 +0200

RE: [PLUG] Printing to a Remote Printer running Windows XP

On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 00:16, Bradley Molnar wrote:
> Samba (I think) can be set to load all local
> printers for sharing automatically.  They are, of course, not shared to
> everyone.

Just to follow up on my original message, here is a quick example of
sharing CUPS printers via Samba:

---- smb.conf:
[global]
	printing = cups
	printcap name = cups

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /tmp
        create mask = 0700
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No
        printer admin = root
----

That's all you need to share all your CUPS printers.  This setup, with
"guest ok = Yes", allows anyone to print to your printer, which is fine
for my setup.

Michael F. Robbins
mike@gamerack.com