Noah Silva on Sun, 23 Jun 2002 12:12:30 -0400

Re: [PLUG] CUPS Printing?

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 00:14, Michael F. Robbins wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 19:45, Noah Silva wrote:
> > to add the printer.  Here is where the problem comes in.  There is no
> > okidata.ppd.
>
> apt-get install cupsomatic-ppd

I already had this installed.  Actually I installed the .ppd file now so
CUPS thinks I have a valid installed printer, but I don't think it is
actually calling the "oki4lin" driver to actually PRINT ;)  Nor do I
know in which config file I would tell it to do this.

As it stands now, I can print, and cups will accept it and add it to the
queue, but the queue never actually gets printed.  I can see a message
in the log file saying something like "cupsd: starting back-end:
parallel", and that's as far as I see.

 -- noah silva