Rebecca Ore on Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:12:55 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Anyone want to come over with a Windows laptop for Verizon...

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> On Monday 24 June 2002 06:08 pm, Sean Finney wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 04:52:19PM -0400, Rebecca Ore wrote:
> > > ...pppoe install?  I have WINE and am willing to try that (a Verizon tech
> > > wanted to know if it worked), but WINE didn't appear to be seeing my
> > > CDROM drive (perhaps because no disc were in it?).
> >
> > have you tried the roaring penguin pppoe for linux?  i've used it in
> > both linux and netbsd with little or no problems.  in case you haven't
> > heard of it, here's the site:
> >
> > http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/

KDE also has something that requires the user name and password, which the
Verizon install package connects one to Verizon to get.

I'll try your other suggestions with Wine, see if I get any further.

> umm... to avoid embaresment in the future please read the list archives.
>
> the reason why a winders box is needed is to setup the DSL, this is an old
> issue.
>
> Rebecca if you get stuck with winders people, I have the MacOS version which
> should be enough to get you fired up.  At least it worked for me.

Worked with Linux?  I know there's a MacOS emulator that's a bit further along
than WINE.

I've got a brother in town with a Windows box.  If he's not too busy, this
might work.

> Cheers
> -ian reinhart geiser

Rebecca Ore