W. Chris Shank on Mon, 1 Jul 2002 20:30:15 +0200

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Microsoft info: link to rant

very interesting read - if a little dated. also,i saw a short comparison of
enron to MS (or vice versa) on that site.

Perhaps the key to defeating MS is not in building a better product (since
when does that matter) but in publicly exposing their (fraudulent?)
accounting practices.

Maybe the OSS movement needs to work on lobbying the political system to
close loopholes that MS uses. It may even cause MS collapse ala Enron. Image
how attractive alternative software would look to businesses if the IT
managers couldn't be confident that MS would be available to provide support
and updates (since they are the only ones that _really_ know their
software). It seems to me, that MS's pyramid scheme, like all others, is
bound to collapse sooner or later. Regardless of who is left holding the bag
fiscally, how will MS products be supported if they were to be forced to
layoff 80% of their work force.

-Chris