Fred K Ollinger on Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:08:53 -0400

Re: [PLUG] wu-ftpd questions...

> OK, I just installed the updated wu-ftp RPM from Red Hat.  Then, I
> restarted xinetd.  "ftp localhost" worked for me.

I'm assuming you really want xinetd. If you just want ftp to work then
ignore the rest of this email.

I'm guessing that this is running via ftpd.

ps aux | grep ftp

Also, you can look to see if /etc/init.d/*ftp* exists. It doesn't need to.

You can turn off ftpd as a service in linuxconf--or by killing the
process, and removing the entries in rc.d.

Fred