Kevin Brosius on Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:36:24 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DVD frustration

Michael Lazin wrote:

> I have been trying all morning to get the dvd-rom on my linux laptop working
> using xine.  I have libdvdcss2-1.2.1 successfully installed, but I have been
> to install libdvdread-0.9.2.
>
> I believe I need these two files and libdvdnav installed in order for my DVD
> to work.  Does anyone have any experience with this?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Depends on what you mean by work...

Can you mount the dvd under linux and see the filesystem?  This proves
whether or not linux can read the device.

After that, you should be able to use xine to view unencrypted material
off of DVD or CD media.  Have you gotten these two steps to work
already?

--
Kevin Brosius