Paul on Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:38:32 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DVD frustration

Yeah, I never did get xine to work with an encrypted DVD. I was successful with vlc. http://www.videolan.org/

I think a major thing is making sure you have write access to /dev/dvd, even though you can't actually write to it. I ended up putting myself into the "disk" group. (What is a better way?)

I have been trying all morning to get the dvd-rom on my linux laptop working using xine. I have libdvdcss2-1.2.1 successfully installed, but I have been to install libdvdread-0.9.2.

I believe I need these two files and libdvdnav installed in order for my DVD to work. Does anyone have any experience with this?