Bill Jonas on Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:08:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Red Hat Beta

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 03:33:02PM -0400, Paul wrote:
> Hmm.  Another release is already on it's way?  I tried RH 7.3 and it
> failed during the RPM install progress screen.  I'm still way behind,
> using RH7.2.

Well, they've got to have time to test it.  I wouldn't think very highly
of them if they just threw it over the wall and said, "Here you go!
Enjoy!" while running away. ;^)

7.3 was released, what, a month or two ago?  So 8.0 should be out 6
months after that, which would be 4 or 5 months from now.  That gives 3
or 4 months of testing, *maximum*, which will probably be cutting it
close for a release in which they change the compiler to a new major
version and break binary compatibility.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin