Jon Nelson on Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:00:07 +0200

Re: [PLUG] iPaq question...

On 10/07/02 00:28 -0400, Steve wrote:
> Hello... I lurk a lot, but appear for random posts. but I wanted some
> opinions. has anyone loaded Linux on an iPaq (3800 series)?  How useful
I have familiar kernel 2.4.18-rmk3 with Qt Palmtop 1.4.0 on a 3850.  Pretty
easy install.
> is it?  How well does it link to the mother O/S (could be either linux
> or a win2K/XP box, what experiences have been had, etc?
Links very well with Linux via USB network connection, minicom I had some
issues with and could not get it to work.  Hyperterm worked very well, but
didn't try USB networking with windows.

> I just got one from work and the only considerations I've had are for
> getting a cable to hook it to my phone and dial into work and term serv
If you have fast connection at home I would set up the USB network, much
faster.  My only complaint is with QPE and that you can suspend it so the
battery life is pretty poor.