W. Chris Shank on Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:04:22 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Comcast or Verizon DSL for Linux laptop?

i use comcast. i think it's abuot $40/month. it's fast, but does
occasionally go down (bnut not as much since the @home -> comcast switch).
it works fine linux. in fact, originally, it was difficult to setup linux
cause it needed host info to be sent via DHCP request. However, taht is no
longer the case, so it's even easier to setup. now i have a SMC
router/firewall connected to the modem, and it was a breeze to setup (when i
finally got one that worked).

good luck