Arthur S. Alexion on Mon, 15 Jul 2002 05:20:10 +0200

Re: [PLUG] HTML Editors - Amaya

On Sunday 14 July 2002 02:18 pm, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> I once downloaded a really nice one from w3c, but never really used
> it. Can't remember the name.  I'm hoping I can find it and that it
> has a unix version.  If so I'll post the info to this thread.

Found it.  It's called HTML-kit.  Unfortunately, its windows only.
It's homesite-like with really nice ftp hooks.  It also hooks into
html-tidy.  I never got into using it as HotDog worked fine and I knew
how to use it.

In looking for it I came across their wysiwyg editor, Amaya.  I never
liked wysiwyg, but I thought I'd give it a try.  It feels strange not
seeing the code.  You can't really tell what you are adding and
deleting.  It has a code window, but it seems a weak afterthought.

Has anyone used this program for real work?  How does it compare with
other wysiwyg editors?