Mitch Maltenfort on Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:34:57 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Sound clip from DVD?

> Another way to go about this which is legal under U.S. law[2] would be
> to hook up the sound output from your DVD player or stereo system to the
> input of your sound card and record it that way.

Ah, here's the glitch: right now, my DVD player _is_ my computer.  Ogle
and VLC (VideoLan Client)  work just dandy.  But what I can't seem to
manage is saving the audio content on the fly.

I believe this falls under "fair use" as all I want is five seconds of
sound out of a 2+ hour movie to use as a system beep on the same computer
I play the DVD on anyway.