Jesse Huestis on Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:04:00 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Sound clip from DVD?

A cheap solution is to split your output and redirect it back into your line in.  Use the sound recorder and you have your clip.

Jesse

Mitch Maltenfort wrote:
Another way to go about this which is legal under U.S. law[2] would be
to hook up the sound output from your DVD player or stereo system to the
input of your sound card and record it that way.

Ah, here's the glitch: right now, my DVD player _is_ my computer. Ogle
and VLC (VideoLan Client) work just dandy. But what I can't seem to
manage is saving the audio content on the fly.

I believe this falls under "fair use" as all I want is five seconds of
sound out of a 2+ hour movie to use as a system beep on the same computer
I play the DVD on anyway.