John Lavin on Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:21:53 -0400

Re: [PLUG] net install on old pentium trouble

Kevin,

> With only one card in the machine or with two?
After the first unsuccessful attempt to get to the network, I pulled the
second network card to make sure I wasn't getting a conflict.  It hasn't
had more than one card in at a time since.

  Sounds like it's time to
> do some debugging, although first I'd check the log files for messages
> from that driver.  What does /var/log/messages say about that driver
> right after you try to load it the first time?
insmod says it was successful, so I hadn't checked /var/log/messages
for card errors at that point, kept tailing off the log when I attempted
to configure the network.  I'll tail off sooner when I get home and see if
I was missing error messages...

Thanks,
-john