Art Clemons on Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:58:45 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OpenOffice 1.0.1 update

Arthur S. Alexion:
It prompted me to overwrite files. I took the time to answer each question (rather than a "yes to all") and overwrote all files that had a 1.0 modified date (4/29/02) and kept the old versions of any files that had a recent modified date. So far, this seems to have worked fine. All of my Autotexts, etc., even my recent MRU files list were preserved, yet the update seems to have succeeded.

BTW, printing now working.

Then you had the problem with Ghostscript not being detected properly. I like OpenOffice, my only problem is that I tend to first try doing things the WordPerfect way and then the MS Word Way before trying the OpenOffice way. For example, I recently wanted to print up several sheets of labels, the instructions in the Help section were clear enough, but somehow opening a new document to print labels didn't seem the proper thing to do, and I kept on not selecting new document as a choice. I at first believed that labels didn't work.