Kevin Brosius on Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:29:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT? Domain registration

Fred K Ollinger wrote:

> > Until now, I have avoided the non Network Solutions registrars, the
> > spam marketing giving me the impression that they may be scams or at
> > best unstable companies.  I am now getting the impression that I've
> > been foolish, and that they are legitimate and relatively stable
> > enterprises, who deliver a commodity at a cheaper price.  My domain
> > should be up for renewal soon.
>
> How much are they?
>
> I use stargateinc.com. It costs $14 for a dot com, and they give one ns
> hosting.
>
> Very worth it for me. I'd like to hear if anything costs less, though. I
> need ns hosting.
>
> Fred Ollinger

The namesdirect.com / mydomain.com combination is $14.95 for a new
registration at the moment (at least they've sent me links with that
price.)  They are also offering renewals at 11.95/year at the moment to
existing customers.  They also claim new registration for 11.95,
although I can't get that link to work. ;)  Not sure how to take that.
I'd only pay for a year initially, then wait for a email with a renewal
offer you like.

--
Kevin Brosius