Mental on Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:08:07 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Xlib ?problem?

On Sun, 2002-07-28 at 21:37, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
<snip>

> Added a Module section to XF86Config and Loaded "extmod"
>
> Confirmed that XF86Config-4 already had a module section and already
> loaded "extmod".
>
> Restarted X
>
> Did xdpyinfo and still no RENDER.  Now, Kpackage database says that I
> have version 4.x of Xfree86, but xdpyinfo says it is version 3.x.
> Weird.

You have 2 versions of X installed. If I were you, I'd sort that out
first. I cant recomend one version over the other as I dont know your
hardware.

I forget how 3.x works. You should check the docs.

<snip>

> Now the Module section of the XF86Config-4 file contained none of the
> font related stuff.  Instead there was a comment that Red Hat 6 and
> later handle the font server functions outside of XFree86.  The
> XF86Config-4 directory that I saw before only contained font related
> files.
>
> None of this, of course, solves the RENDER problem.

You can modify XF86Config-4 all you want, but if its not used, its not
going to help.

> BTW, I appreciate the help.  If it sounds like I'm bitchin', I'm
> bitchin' at my predicament, not at those trying to help.
> --

Fix package issues first. Tweak X once you have that worked out.

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

Ever notice how irons have a setting for *permanent* press?  I
don't get it...
--Steven Wright

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/Mental.asc