Samantha on Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:50:07 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Mutt folder list showing unread count?

You could put this:
set status_format="Mailbox is %f with %M messages [%v]  You have %n new messages "

Which translates into:
Mailbox is /var/mail/s/o/sollinge with 78 messages [Mutt 1.3.25i]  You have 0 new messages

in your muttrc where %n will show you the number of new messages on your
status bar. For me this shows up in my inbox.

O. You also might find this helpful, which I played with for a while
http://mutt.netliberte.org/?proxy_bug=1270710713

Sam

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Mike Leone (on the go) wrote:

> I know we've got a number of mutt users here, so I thought I'd try here
> first.
>
> I use mutt with my IMAP account, and what I'd like is something (hopefully)
> simple. I want the folder list (shown with the "c" command) to show the
> number of unread emails in each folder. Actually, I'd settle for an
> indicator that just showed me that there was new mail in the folder, so I
> wouldn't have to go looking through all 2 dozen+ of them. :-)
>
> And I can't seem to find anything that would show me either those counts, or
> such an indicator. Is it something to be put into a "folder_format" string?
> If so, what?

Samantha