Michael Leone on Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:00:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Mutt folder list showing unread count?

Samantha said:
> You could put this:
> set status_format="Mailbox is %f with %M messages [%v]  You have %n new
> messages "
>
> Which translates into:
> Mailbox is /var/mail/s/o/sollinge with 78 messages [Mutt 1.3.25i]  You
> have 0 new messages

I can try it, thanks. But this is IMAP, so there is no mailbox itself on
the machine running mutt. No mail is kept on the machine running mutt. And
that wouldn't show me a list of mailboxes, with a new mail
indicator/unread count next to each, would it? That would just change the
status bar, after I've entered the mailbox?

> in your muttrc where %n will show you the number of new messages on your
>  status bar. For me this shows up in my inbox.
>
> O. You also might find this helpful, which I played with for a while
> http://mutt.netliberte.org/?proxy_bug=1270710713

Random Thought: