Jim Purtell on Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:18:06 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Zaurus - Data Comm. Cable

Thanks Noah. .
I'll look into it further and post my findings.
Also, the same guy I mentioned earlier, suggested getting the pinouts so
I can splice two serial cables together. . ???
If anyone else has any other suggestions, please feel free.

regards

-----Original Message-----
From: Noah silva [mailto:nsilva@atari-source.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 12:24 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Zaurus - Data Comm. Cable

Hi,

The Zaurus really has a serial connection.  The USB cable is really a
USB
to serial converter anyhow.  The i1000 Also has a serial cord (I used to
have one).  I have a serial cable for the Zaurus, and I used to have one
for an i1000.  Even if you buy the USB cable for the Zaurus, you can
hack
it up and make it into a serial cable.  It's certainly possible to
connect
them anyhjow.  The i1000 will act like a standard AT command style modem
via the serial port.

 -- noah silva