Leonard Rosenthol on Fri, 2 Aug 2002 21:30:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Acrobat for Linux?

At 2:21 PM -0400 8/2/02, Noah silva wrote:
 > I have a licensed copy of the full Acrobat for Windows product.  On
 > Linux, I can create PDFs with a variety of software, but I can't "edit"
them as Adobe does not sell a unix version of editor (used to be called

The editing capability seems very limited to me, but looking at how acrobat works (Capturing printing API...) it isn't surprising.

You haven't used Acrobat (the FULL product) much, have you?

Well this is true, but who really uses Acrobat Reader on linux at
least?

People who need the best quality/fidelity of PDF viewing...Xpdf and Ghostscript are both wonderful products, BUT neither support the complete PDF specification and NEITHER supports the "non-content elements". (well Xpdf does do hyperlinks, but...)

Leonard
(who has code in all Acrobat, Xpdf and Ghostscript ;)