Noah silva on Fri, 2 Aug 2002 23:10:08 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Acrobat for Linux?

I see.. if you are using the interactive forms, etc... that's a different
deal alltogether.  Most places I know seem to use it as an alternative
form of "paper".  A way to distribute manuals, etc., in a format other
than doc.  Look at the Zaurus manuals, look at amtrak's ticket listings,
etc.

 -- noah silva

> 	Use Distiller!
>
> >usually I use pdf reader when... I have a doc in pdf I need to
> >read.. that's all.
> >

> 	And you don't miss not being able to navigate the PDF using
> the bookmark list, or clicking on hyperlinks, or working with
> interactive forms, or ....

Gnome-Ghost-view supports some of this.  Plus I havn't had good luck
installing binary stuff like Acrobat on debian woody (not to mention even
if they support linux, they commonly seem to forget that linux doesn't
nessisarily mean linux/x86!)

 -- noah silva