Arthur S. Alexion on Sun, 4 Aug 2002 15:08:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Acrobat for Linux?

On Sunday 04 August 2002 09:54 am, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> >Then the IRS convinced Adobe to allow them to distribute free
> > version called Acrobat Fill-In that allowed FDF saves.
>
>         Fill-In was Business Tools renamed ;).

I think business tools allowed annotations, whereas fill-in only
allowed the saving of form data.

> >Those were both with version 4.  Acrobat fill-in was just the reader
> >with a few of the form plug-ins.
>
>         Actually, it was the full Acrobat with some stuff removed.
> Reader uses special plugins.

I guess this brings us back to one of my original thoughts.  If I take
some of the plug-ins that I own through my windows product license and
install them into the unix reader, will I be able to add functionality?
 I believe your answer was "no".  Too bad.  I guess the demand is low
because so many people miss so many of the features of PDFs.