BillyWissman on Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:57:19 -0400

Re: [PLUG] eth0

I was able to rule out a bad card because I swapped the card from the Pentium (where I am having trouble)to the Pentium 3 where it works fine.

I don't get this error exclusively when I run dhclient. I also get the "eth0: PCI error 0x800000" when I plug the ethernet cable into the card or simply when I run 'ifconfig eth0 up'.

I tried switching PCI slots, but no resolution. I have the natsemi (NIC) driver loaded as a module. Passing parameters to the kernel did not work either?

Does any one know what "0x800000" means. Is it size or is it an address? Does it have something to do with memory? It's not the address of the PCI slot where the NIC is located.