Bill Jonas on Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:50:35 +0200

Re: [PLUG] hdparm problem

Sorry to reply to self...

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 11:26:43AM -0400, Bill Jonas wrote:
> It's the way that system behaves, combined with a suspicion that
> possibly, just maybe, the hard drive hasn't fully completed its own
> initialization process yet (or that the kernel hasn't fully poked and
> prodded it yet) that causes me to suggest that.

The above combined with the fact that it works later if you do it by
hand.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin