Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:21:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Apache startup error in Debian

> not a symlink. How about yours, Fred - you use straight Debian, right? Is
> yours a file?

root@underwood:/etc/init.d# ls -al /lib/libdb.so.2
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           15 Jul 22 16:28 /lib/libdb.so.2 ->
libdb1-2.2.5.so

root@underwood:/etc/init.d# ls -al /lib/libdb1-2.2.5.so
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        49828 Jul 18 07:53
/lib/libdb1-2.2.5.so

I'm guessing (hoping) that next update you can upgrade and things will
work out if you manually put things this way.

Mike, do you use debian repository or libranet? I figured you installed
libranet then moved over to unstable or testing.

I'm glad people are running testing and even more glad that they are
running unstable, but be ready. Keep a boot disk nearby. After unstable
killed my install, I went back to stable until debian 3.0 got ripe, then I
went to testing. Once 3.0 stabilized, I went back to stable.

I probably know enough to recover from a hosed lib--now, I didn't know
what a lib was back then--but is it worth the
time?

Anyway, I'm sure ya'll know what you are doing.

good luck,

Fred