gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:05:13 -0400

Re: [PLUG] rsync and ssh for Windows

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 10:50:32AM -0400, Sean Finney wrote:
> well, for my ssh needs i use PuTTY, an wonderful little ssh-client that
> does everything i'd need ssh to do from a windows computer.  the author
> also has written pscp, which is a command line equivalent of scp, and
> psftp, which is a command line equivalent of sftp.

More importantly, there's pageant (ssh-agent) and plink (which lets
other software than just the PuTTY suite link into pageant). Along
with stuff like iXplorer, this means I can almost bear using the
Win2k workstation at work.  (I'm always astounded at people who
accept having to type a password for each and every connection...)

I never remember the original URLs for these, but I've got copies at
http://eclipsed.net/ssh/.

(You would, of course, be safer if you went and searched google to
find at least the md5 sums of the originals.)

> alternatively, there's the cygwin package:
>
> http://www.cygwin.com

Ugh.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter