Brian Williams on Wed, 21 Aug 2002 01:50:07 +0200

[PLUG] [ PLUG ] Linux/USB/Palm OS 3.1/PPP

Hi,

I want to ask about something I found in archives.  I
am trying to get my Handspring Visor (Palm OS 3.1)
working with my Ericsson R280LX cell phone.  Using
PalmTelnet, I can send the modem string AT+WS46=4 to
put the cell phone into "Modem Mode".  At that point I
should be able to establish a PPP connection.
However, I cannot get this to succeed.  In the log I
see "LCP Timeout".  Has anyone gotten their Handspring
Visor Deluxe (Palm OS 3.1) working with PPP?

Thanks
Brian