Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:20:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Compiling a Driver

> > I have gotten most of what I have needed compiled and ready to go.  I
> > wanted to play with an old IBM PS/2 pentium server which has been trying
> > to discover its inner being in my closet.
>
> Guh. You're in for a world of pain.

Naw, he doesn't need to get up a production machine in a couple of hours.
:)

> The PS/2 has nothing but proprietary busses. It's almost supported
> by NetBSD, but only this past year. I haven't a clue where Linux is
> these days. You'll have nail-biting irritation recognizing each
> individual device. Good luck.

That sounds like a good way to spend a couple of weeks, myself.

This is going to be a ball, a great adventure, and I applaud it. Go wild!

Fred