Jeyes, David (371) on Fri, 23 Aug 2002 23:10:10 +0200

[PLUG] OT- AIX Job

Title: OT- AIX Job

We are looking for a midlevel AIX administrator in Cherry Hill, NJ. This is a contract opportunity and the client is looking to bring on someone permanently after 4 months. This is, however, a contract. The permanent salary after 4 months is 55k. If you're interested, send me a resume and feel free to call me first thing Monday morning.

This person needs to be a strong Unix Administrator with hands on experience with architecture (this is a must). They will be doing the full scope of administrative duties, with emphasis on 24 X 7 ASP support in a nationwide environment with 7-10 servers. The systems used are, IBM RS/6000 running AIX version 4.3.3. These systems drive software suites that consist of Oracle version 8.1.6 and 8.1.7, looking to move to 9i; also included are DB2 databases versions 6.X and 7.X. The right candidate will have experience in all the aforementioned software any experience with Hitachi disk arrays and Tivoli would be a plus. Excellent communication skills and leadership presence, as this role will be in the public view. Needs to be able to speak in very technical terms, but also capable of dealing with end users. Someone with Project Management experience would be a plus.

Thanks,
David M Jeyes
Technical Recruiter
Robert Half Technology