JP Toto on Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:45:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Comcast problems

My linksys router has been acting a little funny lately, too. Keeps dropping the connection until i unplug/replug it (power). Yes, Im on comcast.

Here's the icing on the cake, too. We upgraded to their "professional" service which is supposed to be a static IP. Well... it just changed on us. When my brother called about it the guy on the phone said it's static but might change every six months or so. Ummm... that's NOT static! Isnt' this some kind of false adverstising or something? Needless to say my brother and I are pissed.

- JP

Doug Crompton wrote:
Yes the one that went down is a linksys. Had been working fine for months.
The router is not bad. It appears to be a comcast change. I see other
complaints on some of the lists. I wonder if I should pick up a different
brand? Any preferences?

Doug