Bill Jonas on Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:05:14 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Comcast problems

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 12:22:35AM -0400, Art Clemons wrote:
> I have more problems when my modem unexpectedly gets bumped and resets
> than with a netgear router,

Are you renting the modem, or did you buy it?  If you're renting it,
call tech support and have them come out and replace it.  I was one the
phone to Comcast's tech "support" during an outage and I off-handedly
mentioned that I was having the same problem you're describing.  They
scheduled someone to come out and replace it and it's worked much better
since then.  The tech said that they've had some problems with the power
socket working loose in these. :-/

I have the gray RCA cable "modem", model DCM215, FWIW.

Hmm... I picked the damn thing up to get the model number, and it reset
itself. Looks like another call to them might be in store for me. :(

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin